PUBLIC HEARING 3365 Commercial Drive, 1695 to 1775 EAST 18th
DATE and TIME: Thursday, JUNE 23, 2016 at 6:00 pm
PLACE: 453 West 12th Avenue, City Hall
Email, write letters, attend the hearing, speak to City Council
Ask City Council to oppose this rezoning
Vision City Council Voided the May 2016 Public Hearing so you must speak again to have your input heard.
Here are the reasons:
- 40 trees will be cut from the site. A historical stream bed on the site will be buried.
- Apartment buildings on East 18th don’t follow City policies. The proposed 4 storey apartment building on East 18th should be replaced by ground-oriented building types.
- The proposed 6 story building on Commercial does not fit the character of this single family neighbourhood. It should be reduced in height.
- The density of 6,225 square feet (0.96 FSR) is too much at 1695 E. 18, where the house from 3365 Commercial will be moved to. A laneway infill house would only be 650 square feet here but the backyard housing proposed is 3,222 square feet. This is excessive density.
- The density of 78,278 square feet (2.71 FSR) is excessive for the 6 and 4 storey apartment buildings proposed on Commercial Drive and East 18th Avenue. Normal density for this neighbourhood is up to 0.75 FSR.
- 114 units and only 81 parking stalls, this will create parking problems in the area.
- Parking ramp for 81 cars is on East 18th. This should be off Commercial Drive, as there is already too much traffic congestion on East 18th due to church and school traffic.
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: 3rd Floor, City Hall, 453 W 12th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5Y 1V4
- The following are the email addresses of the Mayor and City Council. Emails to individual Councilors should be sent a few days before the Public Hearing date in order to give Councilors time to read and review your information, but can be sent at anytime.
- City Clerk firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mayor Robertson email@example.com
- Elizabeth Ball CLRball@vancouver.ca
- Melissa De Genova CLRdegenova@vancouver.ca
- Kerry Jang CLRjang@vancouver.ca
- Geoff Meggs CLRmeggs@vancouver.ca
- Tim Stevenson CLRstevenson@vancouver.ca
- Andrea Reimer CLRreimer@vancouver.ca
- Raymond Louie CLRlouie@vancouver.ca
- Heather Deal CLRdeal@vancouver.ca
- Adriane Carr CLRcarr@vancouver.ca
- George Affleck CLRaffleck@vancouver.ca
Signing up to speak
To speak at this Public Hearing contact City Hall by Thursday, June 23, 2016. Here is how: Just before the meeting, you can also sign up in person, up to 10 minutes before the meeting begins. Once the meeting starts on June 23 at 6:00 pm you can view it online from home at vancouver.ca/councilvideo so that you can see when your speaker number is coming up.
Don’t want to speak, but want your views heard?
If you don’t wish to speak to City Council but still want to share your views, send an email or a letter. Deliver your letter to the City Clerk’s Office at least three working days before the meeting so it can be distributed to elected officials on time. Emails are accepted as late as when the last speaker has finished speaking during the Public Hearing.
Be prepared; the hearing could go on for several days depending on the number of speakers and the number of other agenda items.
After all speakers on the list have spoken, the Mayor will ask if there is anyone else who has not spoken. You are allowed to speak at that time.
To be added to the speakers list for the agenda item 3365 Commercial Drive and 1695 to 1775 East 18th Avenue email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-829-4238. Ask them to tell you what speaker number you will be on the list.
This message is brought to you by the Cedar Cottage Area Neighbours (CCAN) http://ccan2013.ca/