3365 Commercial Drive PUBLIC HEARING
MAY 24, 2016 at 6:00 pm
City Hall 453 West 12th Avenue
Email, write letters, attend the hearing, speak to City Council
Ask City Council to oppose this rezoning
Here are the reasons:
- The 4 storey apartment building on East 18th should be replaced by ground-oriented building types. Apartment buildings on East 18th don’t follow City policies.
- The 6 story building is too tall as it does not fit the character of this neighbourhood with houses.
- The density of 6,225 square feet (0.96 FSR) is too much at 1695 E. 18, where the house from 3365 Commercial will be moved to. A laneway infill house would only be 650 square feet here but the backyard housing proposed is 3,222 square feet. This is excessive density.
- The density of 78,278 square feet (2.71 FSR) is excessive for the 6 and 4 storey apartment buildings to be built on Commercial Dr. and on East 18th Avenue. Normal density is up to 0.75 FSR.
- 40 trees will be cut from the site
- 114 units and only 81 parking stalls
- Parking ramp for 81 cars is on East 18th. This should be off Commercial Drive
More information below
Signing up to speak
To speak at this Public Hearing contact City Hall from Friday, May 13, 2016 to Tuesday, May 24, 2016. Here is how:
To be added to the speakers list for the agenda item 3365 Commercial Drive and 1695 to 1775 East 18th Avenue email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-829-4238. Ask them to tell you what speaker number you will be on the list.
Just before the meeting, you can also sign up in person, up to 10 minutes before the meeting begins.
After all speakers on the list have spoken, the Mayor will ask if there is anyone else who has not spoken and would like to speak now, if so please come forward.
Once the meeting starts on May 24 at 6:00 pm you can view it online at vancouver.ca/councilvideo so that you can see when your speaker number is coming up.
Be prepared, the hearing could go on for several days depending on the number of speakers and the number of other agenda items.
Don’t want to speak, but want your views heard?
If you don’t wish to speak to City Council but still want to share your views, send an email or a letter. Deliver your letter to the City Clerk’s Office at least three days before the meeting so it can be shared with elected officials on time. It should be sent to email@example.com by 5pm, on May 19 and cc the City Clerk. The following are the email addresses of the Mayor and City Council. Individual emails should be sent a few days before the Public Hearing date in order to give Councillors time to read and review your information.
The following are the email addresses of the Mayor and City Council. Individual emails should be sent a few days before the Public Hearing date in order to give Councillors time to read and review your information.
- City Clerk’s Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: 3rd Floor, City Hall, 453 W 12th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5Y 1V4
- Mayor Robertson email@example.com
- Elizabeth Ball CLRball@vancouver.ca
- Melissa De Genova CLRdegenova@vancouver.ca
- Kerry Jang CLRjang@vancouver.ca
- Geoff Meggs CLRmeggs@vancouver.ca
- Tim Stevenson CLRstevenson@vancouver.ca
- Andrea Reimer CLRreimer@vancouver.ca
- Raymond Louie CLRlouie@vancouver.ca
- Heather Deal CLRdeal@vancouver.ca
- Adriane Carr CLRcarr@vancouver.ca
- George Affleck CLRaffleck@vancouver.ca
Report to Council http://council.vancouver.ca/20160419/documents/p4.pdf